Things you will need
- Polymer clay in red, black, and grey
- Crochet hook, any size
- Butter knife
1. I started off with a grey base. I just took a chunk of clay and wrapped it around the bottom and rolled it between my hands. I cut off any excess from the top to get the size I wanted.
2. I rolled out some "snakes" to use as detail work. I cut them into smaller pieces and placed them around the bottom. (We will be using these again later.)
3. I rolled out a piece of clay and used the toothpick to cut out a circle for the button.
3. I rolled out another piece of black clay to make a flat band. I put this piece around the middle above the first snakes I put on. (This will all make sense in a second.)
So, it should look something like this at this point.
4. Roll out some more "snakes." Wrap one around the top and take two and put them down the sides of the button.
That's it! I baked mine for about 25 minutes.
I feel like there are a lot of different ways to do these so you don't have to follow my instructions exactly. This is mostly just to share how I did it.
Thanks for visiting and as always if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Don't want to make one? You can buy them here at my etsy.
Other Star Wars inspired crafts.